Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Profiles (2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregDarby

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2002
AU
I have 2 TS 2000 machines with 30 users on each. I have had to make a change to a drive mapping and have made changes to the Login Scripts on the PDC. But when TS users logon it ignores the Login script and tries to create a connection to the now non-existent drive mapping.

How can i force the TS profiles to once again look at the new Login Script on the PDC so it maps to the the correct machine/shared drive?

I'd rather not just delete all the profiles as there will be 60 i would have to redo (Internet Mail Config)

Any help much appreciated.

the user will use the logon script set (and saved in the NETLOGON share)in the user profile tab on in the AD

Yes i am aware of this but the new script is being ignored because the Terminal Servers have "remembered or stored" the old script. Doesn't matter what i do in terms of modifying the scripts the Terminal Servers ignore them.

Deleting profiles and starting again fixes the problem but there is a lot of work here as users are allowed to customise their own desktops.

copy the net logon.bat into the all users startup folder ?
once theve all logged on obnce you can delete ?

Basically all users who log into our Domain are Authenticated on an NT4 PDC. It is on this Server that resides the NETLOGON share and the scripts (.bat).

For workstations there is never a problem with changing these scripts as they become effective next logon, it is the Terminal Servers that do not.. Once the users logs on from the Terminal Server (includes Domain Logon) it looks at the scripts but ignores them. If it's a new user it sets up the script and is fine until i need to make a change.

Basically it seems TS looks at it once and the profile needs to be deleted and recreated when you want to change a Logon script.

Do you have users set up with Terminal Services profiles and home directory? From the terminal services tab in AD?

I am not running Active Directory...... Each user has his/her own directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back