Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOMBOLI

MIS
Dec 4, 2003
US
Hello guys. I would to thank you in advanced for helping me with this issue. I have TS client that logs in from Germany via WINXP Remote Desktop Conn. I have mapped a printer for him,he has a LaserJet 1100 but he can not print.He can choose the printer but it does give him an error that THERE WAS AN ERROR WHEN PRINTING THIS DOC.DO YOU WANT TO RETRY?
He has a network printer.The printer option is enabled under the LOCAL RESOURCES in RDC.I logged in as him but I get the same errors.Please help

It is very nice to be important but it is very important to be nice.

Try and have him add a local printer, do not check to detect printer. Then have him create a new port and select the standard TCP/IP Port. He will then enter in the IP address of the network printer which will create a port name. Under additional info, have him select custom. Then you must select the printer - HP and select a driver like LaserJet 5. (Be sure the same driver you chose is on the server).Allow this printer to be the default printer. When he logs on to the Terminal Server, it will reconize the default printer as an LPT1 printer and he will be alble to print - as long as the diver is installed. Hope this works.

Thank you for your reply. I did everything you told me too step by step but did not work. I can logon to TS with his username and pass and it prints but he claims that it does not print to him. He said that he gave me the correct printer name.Any other ways arround it?

It is very nice to be important but it is very important to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back