Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server - Maximum number of connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmarious

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
IL
Hi,

I installed a server at my ISP which allows two connections of terminal server. What happened is that both connections were not closed propely (the server interrupted one of them), and since then I can't connect with terminal server to the server.

What can I do ??

Thanks,
Dmarious

Tried restarting it? Failing that you will need access to the server to kill the clients or stop and restart the service.

There should be a terminal management (can't remember the exact name) under the Administrative Tools in the start menu/control panel. Hope this helps...

F Fairbanks
MCSE2K CNA CCNA A+ Net+ i-Net+ CIWA

You've probably worked it out from the last post, but there is a T/S manager which will show connections and disconnected connections which occur when a T/S session window is just closed rather than logging off the T/S session which is the correct way to get out. If there are disconnected sessions right click on them and select reset.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Alfie

Well, ther real problem is that the server is far away from me, and the only way for me to connect to it is by terminal server. When I reboot it the sessions are being rebooted, but the only way for me to reboot is by terminal server (I don't want anybody else to touch the server, it's protected with passwords etc. to avoid unwanted users look at its content). I think the only solution would be going once again to the ISP and install PCAnyway.

Thanks to you all
Dmarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back