Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikeGuy23

MIS
Jun 17, 2002
CA
Hi all, I have an issue with our Terminal Server. We have appx 40 pc's stil running NT4.0 connecting to a Citrix Farm. When some of these NT4 boxes connect to the Terminal Server they get the error message that "Your Terminal Server license will expire in x days". We have tried Microsoft Qdoc 248430 which talks about deleting the LICENSE001 or 00X where x is the TS CAL. Well it works on some PC's and others it still gives us the same message when the user connects to the Terminal Server. Any ideas on how to get rid of these messages?
Thanks

You are using temporary lics... These expire in 90 days. Buy and install regular lics :))

check the number of regular lics you have, maybe you are out of lics.

SEE below for more info about lics;

move a call to different pc;

Information about licensing;

Licensing enhancements (patch?);

general info (FAQ) about terminal services;

regards, Ferdinand

You may find that someone in forum48 can help further...

:)

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Once you buy the pre Windows 2000 client access licences, do you install them onto the domain controller that holds the TS licensing module or the TS itself?

I gotta install the licences today as several users are down to 1 day (and only told me this week) and want to get it right first time.

TS CALs go on the Licensing server (can be the DC, if you like - this is a popular way of doing this, because the DC is, theoretically, always available). The Terminal Server will look for the license server every time a client tries to connect to it. Best not to make a Terminal Server a license server - or any other kind of server, since T/S can have huge overheads.

Hope this helps

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back