Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server license problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixlu

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
SG
Hi,
I have a problem with my terminal service running in Windows 2000 server. Yesterday, one of the client user suddently can not connect to the terminal server, it gave error message like" Terminal Server is busy.connection failed........"But other users still can connect to the server. Anyone has met this kind of problem before?Is this related to the Client license? We are using the client license as per seat now.

HI,thanks for your information.Now I have decided to purchase new Terminal Server CALs for my server. But because my server is a stand alone server which means it is not running the active directory, and it is not a domain controller. And I heard from my reseller that to run the Terminal services liecensing, it must be a domain controller,is that true?If so, can I install the licenses in my BDC, a NT terminal server,running TS licensing. Will it be able to act as a license server to deliver the client license for my 2000 stand-alone server? If so,Where should I install the license?by licensing or TS licensing programme in the admin tools?

I think you can actually install the license server on a stand-alone server - although I have never done it that way. You can only serve licenses to clients that connect to that server, and cannot be the license server for any other servers. Check out this link for the facts.
Jim - Synnex Info Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back