Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server license issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

albracco

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2004
US
I have installed terminal services on a Windows 2003 server and wanted to test out a few applications before purchasing licenses. According to what I had read in a Microsoft tech article, I was under the impression that I did not need to install the licensing server yet, that temporary licenses would automatically be available for 120 days. However, when a client trys to connect, we get this error:

The remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server license servers available to provide a license

So does this mean that I do, in fact have to install the licensing server for it to work with the temporary licenses?

TIA,

AL

perhaps the licensing server needs to be installed, but not activated for the temporary licenses to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back