Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisker9

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2003
US
I just installed TS on Win2000 server in application server mode. When trying to connect I get the error:

"Client could not establish a connection to the remote computer...."

It then lists three possible reasons, but I have triple checked every setting I know of to try to resolve this. I am assuming that it is not a user/user rights issue because it doesn't even get to a login screen. I have done this a couple of times on Server2003 and have had no problems at all. Any clues on what I might be missing?

Thanks

This appears to be a network issue so you can prove it out by telneting from the client to the terminal server via port 3389 (as long as you have ts server listening on the default port). If you cannot connect then it is probably firewall/network related.

Application mode requires the license TS option to be loaded. Admin mode would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back