Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal server client issue. XP to Windows 2003 Srv

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKNavajo

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
GB
I have had this odd issue once before.
A user can logon to the server from the console but logging in using RDP gets a blue screen and eventually a timeout.

User is a member of the Remote Desktop Users Group.

Previous issue was where an alleged "Super User" was trying to launch software at login by adding it to the RDP start this on login. Unfortunately they were trying to launch a program from their local laptop.

This time I am able to login from my machine as anyone except for the new TS user.

Nothing in Event logs on the server.
Connection is being made as I can see it on the TS Manager on the server.

UKNavajo
"If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahmann provides the wings of the dove. Thus spake the super guru"

Are you logging in from outside the office or inside?

Preciso de uma ajuda instalei o 2003 server coloquei o ts pra rodar em 2 usuarios so q precisaria rodar remotamente com + 5 usuarios alguem sabe me informar se existe algum maçete para liberar acessos

Inside the office.
The terminal server has 10 licenses available so no issue there.

UKNavajo
"If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahmann provides the wings of the dove. Thus spake the super guru"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back