Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server and Application Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfse

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2005
US
We are running a custom program on a 2K server. Using RDP users acces this program through 2K Terminal Server. A profile is created for each user.

However, when there is an update to the program, the user is prompted to install it. Unfortunately, if a user does not log out of the program/RDP after the update is finished no one else can log in. Once the updated user logs out, it frees up the program.

Anyone know what I can do to prevent this lockup?

Thanks much!!!!

Is there not a way to turn off the auto-update part? If you logon in install mode and turn it off, it should turn it off for everyone once back in execute mode.

Matt Wray

Thank you for the quick response, Matt.

This is the way frequent program updates are pushed to each user so it has to run. I'm not familar about how to login in install mode etc.

The programer set this up, but can't seem to find a solution for the lock up. The program is written in Delphi. If the user logs into the program directly (not through RDP) this lock up does not occur

Renee

I would try having them change user mode before and after the update to see if it makes any difference.

From command line

change user /install
user session is ready to install applications

change user /execute
user session is ready to execute applications

No idea if that would make any difference, but its worth a try...

Matt Wray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back