Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPNing

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
OK, I have a strange one. I have 6 remote users that all login into a 2000 TS. Everyone logs in fine, printers map etc. with no problems except for one. She is using XP Tablet Edition. She can login fine, use all applications, but when I check the logs there is not evidence of her authenticating. Even though this may sound fine the problem is that we need to get her printer to map. But since there is no evidence of her authenticating there is also no evidence of printer mappings or errors for that matter. Now if she authenticates againt our 2003 server everything works fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

have you installed the XP driver for her printer on the server>?

Thanks for the response.
That is the problem. I am not seeing anything in the logs to show that she is connected non the less seeing errors for incorrect drivers. But yes the drivers are installed and have been tested via another XP machine.

I use a tablet, and have had no such issues with 2000. The printers are probably USB anyway ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Yes the printers are USB and they are setup correctly on he server as I have printed successfully using a different machine.

Apparently I am not making myself clear. When checking the logs there is no evidence what so ever that the tablet has connected to the TS. That is what I am trying to resolve.

Thanks for leting me know that "your" tablet has no problems.

Well USB printers won't work. Hah but then again I am not checking to see if I logged in. Sorry I didn't mean to be flipant. I will check it out.

Cheers
Scott

I switched on logging of logins on my server and it worked. I had to do both local and GP.

Cheers
Scott

Actually I have several USB printers working through the sessions and I even have a usb mfp working through ts. But for what ever reason this machine will not show up never mind attempt to map printers.
I will keep trying though. Thanks for the input.

have you tried to remote control there session while you know they are connected ?

I was not aware that I could do that. What would the advantage be?

if you ts into the same server they connect to you can through ther terminal server manager remote controll there session and install the printer manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back