Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal server ...1 comp freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdboy

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
AU
Hey there!!
okay have just installed win terminal server have six computers running beatifully off it.. all acount are set up on local machine etc and run...i have a problem...1 computer that has no other problems no viruses etc insists on hanging after a short connection period...would be working fine then just freezes(during term serv session) if any one has any clues this would be most appreciated
thanx again

OS? Anything in the logs of the server? How about the Terminal Services Manager? Tried un-installing and re-installing on the problem pc? Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@nellsgiftbox.com

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box."

Glen...
Have tried recreating the user account wich worked for a day or two..then i deleted that and gave him a diff user(logon) name this to date work with out a flaw..but what i want is his original user name for admin purpos and ease of use for him (not having to confuse the poor guy with diff logon details)and for varias other apps
all i get in the logs is time out failure...

You didn't mention, did you remove the program and re-install? Also, is the os the same as the others? Also, we try and watch our language around here, not a prob, just an fyi. Good luck and let us know how it's going. Thanks.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@nellsgiftbox.com

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box."

Check your server licensing. The default is per server, 5 users. You may have hit this limit.

track happy
licencing not the issue as i have paid for two licences
so 10 users...sill only having the problem after about five mins of use and on that one user name....any other user name from that comp work fine...still stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back