Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Emulator and CMS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daurkin

Programmer
Oct 29, 2002
US
Does terminal emulator allow people to view certain reports without using a license? If so, is this product free or any recommendations.

Yes, CMS only licenses simultaneous "CV-SUP" connections. Regular telnet sessions are not limited. DSA, terranova, or procomm all work well just via telenet using 4410 or 615 terminal types. Most of the reports are there, it's just not a nice GUI and you will be unable to print as easy as with CV-SUP. Your printing will be limited to simple screenshots or via printers you have setup in the UNIX server itself.
-CL

I was looking at Procomm 4.8 (website) and they don't mention anything about screen capturing. Does anyone know if it has that capability? Procomm looks like my cheapest and "slightly supervisor" friendly. We only have 2 licenses for the CMS Supervisor, and are always maxed out.

Daurkin,

I know Procomm can do a file capture. Or you could always use "Alt/Print Scrn" on your PC. Save it to word and print from there.
There's also a Procomm forum which can give you more info.

hope this helps.

lever.

Procomm does a poor job of capturing text. Terranova does it much better. Another option is to use ASA with the CMS defined as a generic device. You can use 4410, 615, etc.

Kevin

Avaya Site Administration (ASA), formerly known as Definity Site Administration (DSA).

Kevin

Oh "Automatos Server Agent". I'm downloading it now. I can't find any software called Terranova. Who makes it.

we must have posted the same time. At the time I found the Automos Server Agent which also allows you to connect remotely to other systems. But it looks very expensive. Does that Avaya Site Administration tool cost something or already included on the CMS server?

ASA is the program of choice for working with your Definity system and costs about $1100. It just happens to also support generic terminal sessions to other servers (whether modem or telnet).

ASA makes it easier to do a LOT of your Definity maintenance.

Look at the DynaComm Connectivity Series can do screen scraping or capturing fine.
(Ultralink II uses it) Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back