Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teradata and Date Formats for ADO

Status
Not open for further replies.

fer2485

Programmer
Aug 21, 2007
US
I am trying to build a recordset off of a teradata table using ADO. I am having a problem determining the proper syntax for the date field. I have used numerous SQL statements and they all return "Invalid Date". Here are some of the sample select statements i have tried...

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE CALL_DATE =select cast('20070801' as date format 'yyyymmdd')

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE CALL_DATE={d'2007-08-22'}

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE CALL_DATE=date('2007-08-22')

Please help!

Hi, I would use the following

SELECT *
FROM TABLE
WHERE CALL_DATE (DATE) = '2007-08-22'

Ste.

Thank you bibulous!

I tried that and now I am getting a different error...

SELECT *
FROM TABLE
WHERE CALL_DATE (DATE) = '2007-08-22'

"A character string failed conversion to a numeric value"

Any other suggestions or even websites to hunt around? I had browsed onine and found multiple options but none seem to be working...

Hi,

I am not a Teradata expert, but I would suggest trying to add (DATE) to the end of the date string too.

WHERE CALL_DATE (DATE) = '2007-08-22' (DATE)

I have had issues with this kind of thing before. This info is just from my past experiences, so I don't have any websites for you to look at i'm afraid.

Ste.

A character string failed conversion to a numeric value"

Getting the same error...

Well I've been a big help :)
I don't know if there are any settings that are different, but both formats are valid at my instalation.
I really don't know what to suggest, Sorry I have been of no use & Good luck.

I Lie, one last go

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE CALL_DATE = '20070822'

Also seems to work here, but again, whether or not it will help you I don't know.
I can only think it is the way in which the "Dates" are stored / fields defined is different to where I am.
What format does it display the date in if you just select the date for a sample of rows?

That didn;t work either, but i appreciate all the help :) That is the funny thing, if i do

SELECT * FROM TABLE SAMPLE 10

all i get in return is "invalid date",if i select specific fields from the table, but do not select the date field, i still get "invalid date". Crazy, all i can think of is some setting on the driver, but not sure what to do...

Finally able to get a different error, don;t know if i am making progress or not :)

SELECT *
FROM TABLE
WHERE call_date=date '2007-Aug-20'

returns invalid date literal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back