Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tenant service and dial access

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclebrian78

Vendor
Nov 7, 2006
US
i have a customer and they are spliting out 4 channels of their t1 to give to another customer in their building. they both still want to dial 9 for outbound calls. i have read and still have no idea how to set up my tenant and tenat to route access, dense i guess lol, anyhow i am looking for any help i can get. and one more thing, to hookup a pc with call accounting software all i should have to do is make a sdi port a cdr right?

ten to ten and ten to trunk group is ld 57

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ld 57 like for ffcs? my main thing is i cant wrap my brain around how to make a tenant, my books dont explain a thing.

You need to create separate customer numbers. Usually when you create anything you enter cust 0 ........ by creating separate cust 1,2,3 you can partition off the PABX so you can have the same numbers, DN`s but for different numbers.

If you have an OPT 11c, 51c, 61c or 81c all your multi-tenant stuff is in ld 93. you are going to have to go into each phone cls and change TEND to TENA, and tell the phone what tent # it is. the rest i believe is taken care of in ld 93.

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

thanks, coast guard, i haven't worked ten service since my sprint days. i've used it in a new install several times never added it to a working switch. what access rights does a tend station have. if he turns ten on will stations tend still be able to dial out? i know after you assign ten to trunk group only those ten's will have access

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You do not need to use distinct cust numbers. The tenant number goes onto each TN as ITEM TEN x where x=1-151. But what is the purpose of segregating 4 channels of a T-1? Is it to reserve four channels for the tenant's exclusive use or is it to ensure that tenant never uses more than four of the T-1's channels simultaneously? Either way you'll have to build those channels in their own route and then use LD 93 Type RACC (Tenant-to-route Access) and then ACC ALOW or DENY for the routes that are to be restricted or reserved.

Option 11 office can call interally but can not callout or in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back