Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tenant Partitioning - Crisis Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdue

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2007
US
We use the crisis alert feature in all offices. We recently added an LSP in location off of our headquarters...that LSP has tenant partitioning set up. Is there a way to get crisis alert to stay at that location? When used, it notifies all responders at headquarters.

I contacted Avaya about this about 6 months ago. Their answer was working as designed. That was 3.1.x, not sure if they have changed their stance in 4.x

Sounds broken to me. Give Avaya a call, there is a patch which resolves your issue. If they can't find the patch, post again, I should be able to find the patch details for you, but will have to do some digging in my emails.

Our maint. provider is "checking". Any information you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can any one please let me know the Backup and recovery procedures for the Avaya S8700 CM 3.0 ( Configuration Backup)

Thanks in Advance

Siva

Not sure what software version you are on, but in our case, a combo patch with 12506 fixed our issue. I was told upgrading to the latest software load also included this fix.

My vendor is stating that in the enterprise setup, the LSP site, in a crisis alert, can only notify that site's attendant through partitioning and that other members would not be notified...is that what you understand it to do? This is a terrible design.

In a tenant partitioned switch, the station receiving the crisis alert must be in the same tenant partition as the originator of the crisis call. So other members in the same tenant partition with the crisis alert button should be notified, not just the attendant console.

That's how I thought it would be and that would make sense; therefor, it will not work. ;)

Supposedly the vendor has checked with Avaya and that is what they told him. Where did you find the patch 12506?

This patch was provided by Avaya some time ago for our system that was experiencing the same issue, we have since upgraded to a newer software load and have not experienced the problem on our new software also. You should be able to get your vendor to get some details about this patch if they have a maintenance contract with Avaya or you could try and request an upgrade via the PCN program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back