Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tenant partioning made easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klees

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
US
I have 2 tenants set up. One tn1- plays just music and tn2-plays music and ads. I want callers to hear ads when they are manually placed on hold. But I dont want ads in the vector steps I want just music. If i put an agent id in tn2- they lose the ability to manually add or remove skills since the hunt group is tn1. Is there a diagram or cheat sheet on where to make tn changes based on your needs? Changing the tn in the vector / vdn / skill / stations/ agent ids / etc..what overides what changes? If not i think I may create one once I get this completed. Anyone have any docs or advice on this ? otherwise its going to be a lot of testing!!! thanks in advance!

How do you have your music sources setup? I would say setup your music only as an announcement extension and put that extension in the vector step. Then use your music+Ads as the system music for all tenant partitions so that any call placed on hold would hear that. You could eliminate the Tenant partitioning altogether and simplify the setup.(unless you need the tenant partitioning for other reasons)

I have done this same thing in reverse. Each client wants music+ads while in queue but they just want music only when placed on hold. I have the each clients music+ad player connected to an aux trunk or analog port. Just setup an announcment extension using aux-trk-m or analog-m and the port and use the barge setting. Then I use the music only as the systemwide music source.

thanks Trav- thats an interesting option, but due to the nature of the company I have to use the music sources to their full capability, so i am stuck with utilizing the tenants- I have found several instances of making one simple change that affects other areas (ie, agents in tn2 cant add/remove skills if the hunt group is tn1) As I trudge thru this and test... I think I will create a cheat sheet and post here for others that have to do this. thanks for the option tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back