Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporary internet files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmauri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
ES
How can I delete the folfer 'internet temporary files' of all users under own profiles automatically?

Thanks.

Hey,
We are doing this- We use roaming profiles and if you are using AD, then set up a GPO here: UserConfig\Admin Templates\System\Logon Logoff\ you will see "Exclude Directories in Roaming Profile" Enable this and make sure you specify which DIRs you want to purge when a user logs off of Citrix so that the DIR does not get copied back.

Have FUN!!

Hi,

we do this deletion every night when we boot our terminal servers with a little perl script. so i recommend to you look after a genius which can program in perl :)
this works really fine

best regards
HomerJ

Or you could install IE6 wich have the option to delete Temp Internet files after closin internet explorer. There is a policy for this so you dont have to change it for every profile. where? i have no idea! :D

To do it manually...

I have done it every couple of weeks or once a month.

Open windows explorer, move to c:\documents and settings. Do a search on "T.IE5".

It will give you folders named "Content.IE5"

Delete all except the Default User. It will give you a warning about these files being system files, Ignore.

I have not had an issue doing it this way and have not run into an issue.

Thanks
Sir Stox

I am trying to implement the GPO mentioned. I have set up a test user in a test OU where I have created a new GP. I have tested other items on that user like disable task manager, disable change password, etc and all that works. But I can't get the "exclude directories in roaming profile" to work. I removed that users profile from all the Citrix servers (Doc & Sett) and I don't see the Temporary Internet Files under the main folder on our AD server. But when I log that user on to one of the Citrix servers, the TIF folder gets copied and stays there after I log the user off. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
Thanks for all the help, our profile sizes are really getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back