Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporary Greeting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanpell

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
US
How do I activate a pre-recorded temporary greeting (for weather related closing)? Do I have to go in and program a temporary schedule (day/time) If yes, will it automatically apply the temp greeting? If not, how do I apply that greeting? I will need to set this greeting on a morning when it is decided that the office will be closed. Thank you.

Before we could give any advise..what type of voicemail do you have...Merlin Mail..MLM007...or the Merlin Messaging??

Setting a Temporary Closure
Set up your Auto Attendant to answer with a Temporary Closure message AND your regular Night Service greeting. Schedule up to 6 days in advance. The Temporary Closure message can be something like:
"Thank you for calling XYZ Company. We will be closed for the President's Day holiday, returning to the office on Tuesday, February 21st."
Press "Chk Msg's"
Enter " 0 # " as the Extension Number
Enter (password) - #
Press 9 for Programming
Press 3 for Automated Attendants
Enter the Automated Attendant Number (1 to 4)
Press 5 for the Schedule
Press 4 for Temporary Closure
Enter the Day of the Week for the Closure: 1=Sunday, 2=Monday, 3=Tuesday, 4=Wednesday, 5=Thursday, 6=Friday, 7=Saturday
Press 2 to set the Mode to CLOSED for the day
Enter " 0 0 0 1 # " as the Start Time
Enter " 2 3 5 9 # " as the End Time
Press " * # " to Approve the Start and End times
Press 2 to USE a Temporary Closure Greeting
Press 2 to RECORD a new Temporary Closure Greeting
Wait for the Beep, then record the Temporary Closure Greeting
Press 1 at the end of the recording
Press 23 to play back the recording
Press " * # " to Approve the Greeting, or  to re-record the Greeting, press 21 and return to step 16
If you need to set up another day of Closure, return to Step 9 to set the day to close, and skip from Step 14 to Step 19.
Press " * * 9 " to disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back