Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporarily Stop CO Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

telman57

Vendor
Nov 2, 2002
US
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a way to temporarily suspend Co line ringing on an ACS R6 - and still allow intercom calls
eg: Conference room, Bed room.
Any help is always appreciated. Thanks!

Hi telman57,
How temporary? Line ringing assignments are not very hard to change for a one time event. If it's to cover for reception, why not program a cover button and remove ringing on that extension?
-Chris

if its the same extensions you want to toggle ring on and off you could do it with a night service group ,program them not to ring but put them in the night service group

keep the system on night ring when you want them to ring take it off night ring and they wont ring

That will affect the ability to make outbound calls.

how so?
night ring is just a way of letting phones ring that don't normaly ring so where just using a reverse function here.

does it always restrict outgoing ? I beleive it can be set up either way

I have to go move some workstaions around now but Ill pull up my 6.0 cd later and look it up

Hey Everyone,
I appreciate all the suggestions (and anything else that may come to mind).
This is the situation. This was a residental install. It replaced a TIE system that the customer had for a lot of years. They were used to being able to toggle on/off the ring in the bedrooms,(22 Phones)and simplicity is a necessity.
I think I may be able to do something with a call forward (follow me [F11])key and a phantom extension.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks

Hi skip555,
Sorry, added info. If a system password is also programmed, then users assigned to night service can only dial emergency numbers or system speed dial numbers without entering the system password first.
I burned myself with that one once. What a groan.

-Chris

Now that telman has identified that it is a residential install, and the application is to toggle the ringers in the bedrooms, I can't see needing to use system password for any reason. The easiest way is as Skip suggested, program the bedroom phones for NO ring, add them to the Night Service group. Put a NS button on Ext. 10 and label it something like "Bedroom Ring ON".

Hi TTT,
Agreed, I wasn't suggesting a password be used. Only illustrating how I got burned so telman57 wouldn't.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back