Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Templates and meta tags? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddieZed

Technical User
May 25, 2001
US
I added my meta tags to my pages within my site. I use templates for my site. Now that the templates have been applied my meta tags are gone. Wtf!!!

Any solutions for Meta tags & templates?

If you want to see what my problem is:

(my index page) is the only page that doesnt use the template

does use the template

Now look at the source code for both pages and you will see what i am talkin bout

Thanks for any help I can get,
FZ

Where is Eugene?

This is the most asked question in this forum. Meta tags don't seem to work across templates.

Everyone is waiting for someoen to offer a fix, other than having to copy them each time.

Maybe in dm5?

From Macromedia technotes:

Meta tags lost when applying templates:

Workaround for re-adding meta tags to template'd pages:

You can re-add the metatags by manually editing the code to include the meta tags in the standard "doctitle" editable region.

Any meta-tags you have in the template will over-ride those that were already present in the document, sadly.

Maybe DW5 will handle it differently.

The only real workaround I can think of is to use templates from the start...

Jon Wilson

Thanks guys,

I guess im pretty screwed!!!! I have over 50 index pages of different topics that I am going to have to go in and edit.

boy i hope this is fixed in DW5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your help,
FZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back