Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

template screwed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharonc

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
US
I created a website using a template. Everything has been working good, but now my template is screwed up. My webpages that use the template are fine because I haven't updated the webpages. Is it possible to take one of the pages that are ok and create a new template?

yes, perfectly possible, you will need to detach from original template, then save as a new template, and name all your template regions etc the same as the old one, or it won't find and update the same places on the pages. Must also be named the same as the old one, so re-name the old one.

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Thank you for your help. I will give this a try. Thanks so much you just saved my fingers from retyping the entire template.

no problem, just when you re-name the old template, DON'T update the pages..........

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back