Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Template formatting restrictions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBox

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
I previously posted the following thread: "I created a template in Word 2010. I have checked boxes, text form fields as well as text fields in my template form. A user asked me if I could allow him to format the text, eg. italicize, bold or underline. I tried to do this under "Restrict formatting and editing" but I couldn't figure it out. I unchecked the boxes "format restrictions" and "editing restrictions" which allowed me to do the requested formatting but it also disabled the template functions I put in place eg. checked box, text form field etc. I looked around the web but couldn't find a solution. Can you please help"

The person that responded to my thread said that a solution to the problem my be to create a macro. Does someone have a macro that they can share with me that would solve my problem?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

That is not possible protected for forms, which is what you appear to be using. Since you have Word 2010, you can use content controls instead of formfields. When coupled with Read Only restrictions (with exceptions marked out) instead of forms protection, your users can format their input.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. I going to try your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back