Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temp Table in Access project

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaya013

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
IL
Hi All!!!

I am working in Access 2000 (ADP) with SQL Server 2000.
when I populate a form with a recordset from a temp table.
sometimes Access generates an error and close the program.

any idea ???
Thanks.

Hi,

Maybe your front end has become damaged in some way, create a new one and import all the objects from the old one and see whether that solves your problem.

Are you using the temp table as an updateable recordset. If so, is the connection being maintained. What is the commandtimeout on the connection.

Hi.
I'am using the temp table only for view some data.
the commandtimeout is 30 (the Default Value).
I try to open a new project, but i grt the same result.

I think that Access forms, can not be bound to a Recordset
from a temp table.

It might be better to use a stored procedure to build the temp table and then bind to the stored procedure.

I'am using a stored procedure for the Recordet.

You can NOT bind a form to a stored procedure that return

Select *
From #temp

The only difference from one of my Froms is that I reference the field names in the select, but it does return a recordset from a temp table. I have done this in a number of Forms.

in you'r stored procedure you write:

SET NOCOUNT ON

And in the end

SET NOCOUNT OFF
???

I can't remember what I have for nocount. I will check when I get home from work tonight. What you suggest is probably corrent, although I don't believe that I set nocount off at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back