Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temp Space Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig322

MIS
Apr 19, 2001
US
I am running IDS 7.31FD5. I have 3 temp different temp spaces defined. If someone runs a large job and runs 1 temp space out of space, I am getting error messages. I have checked and the other two spaces are relatively untouched. In this version, is it better to define one large temp space instead of 3 smaller temp spaces?

TIA

What value you have for DBSPACETEMP?

Check to see if all of your temp dbspaces are listed for this parameter or not? If not do it to over come the problem in future.

Check your online.log if there are any errors concerning DBSPACETEMP at server startup.

your onconfig-File-entry must look like:

Code:
DBSPACETEMP tmpdbs1,tmpdbs2,tmpdbs3

not

DBSPACETEMP tmpdbs1 tmpdbs2 tmpdbs3

Furthermore check if all of your temp-dbspaces are flagged as such. You can check that by issueing the command:

onstat -d

In the column "flags" there must be listed the letter T for TEMP for all of your TEMP-dbspaces. Otherwise your server wont use them.

Hope that will help you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back