Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telular Cell Phone On Option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsilacrossejoe

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2003
US
I am trying to put a cell phone on my Option 11 system for the reason that my cell provider allows me mobile to mobile communication UNLIMITED.

What this will do is when a user press 9 to get an outside line it will look at the first 3 digits to find if it is a cell call and if so it will use one of 5 Telular 4esx devices to place the call for FREE. The Telular device is a Loop Start Phone For a typical usage you plug in a standard 500 set like at home and when you pick up the phone you get a dial tone. This device generates the tone after dialing the phone waits 2 seconds and if you do not dial then it as if you pressed send.

Problem I can make this work just fine for out going In LD 14 as a XCOT LOP Trunk Supervised LBS or BTS. But incoming will answer and if the call goes to voice mail of the recipiant dose not Hang Up the Option 11 will stay active and leave the cell line alive.

Any ideas please sent me some programming for ld 14 COT and 16 RDB

Thanks In Advance.

THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T USE LOOP START TRUNKS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I understand that, that is the reason that all my other b1's are ground start BUT is there a card that the option 11 can use or a software work around??

NOT THAT I'M AWARE OF

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

The part that floors me is I have 2 other locations with Norstar 8 x 24 KSU systems and I was able to hook this up and was functioning in less that 2 hours. But the larger, bigger, better system can't do it. Ironic, may be biggers not better!!

I have several Tellular units on vessels all over the US and I have never had this problem but I don't have meridian mail on the vessels either... But one of my offices in California had a major issue with terrestial Loop Start trunks and meridian mail. I worked as a field Tech for Lucent for years and never had a problem with any of our VM's not liking loop start trunks so it's another one of the Canadian switches little quirks. Try to configure the trunk as ground start anyway and see what happens I think the tellular can emulate either signaling arrangement.

Jaye

Make sure your NEDC and FEDC are both set to ETH and CPDC is no. This may help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back