Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teltronics NET-PATH console speed is sloooooow

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshbell

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2008
US
Vendor (a big telco) recently upgraded our old dial-in modems to newer Teltronics NET-PATH modems. Great for us because now we can telnet to them over IP instead of dialing.

We have three different CS1000s. On the first one they did, the telnet interface is pretty fast -- seems to run at about 9600. The other two, however, are just as slow as dialup -- they seem to run at about 1200. Is there a way I can speed these up?

I tried flipping the DIP switches on the SSC to 9600 and changing the TTY speed, but that didn't work. Surely I'm doing something wrong? Have asked the vendor to fix this but they're dragging their feet.

Have asked the vendor to fix this but they're dragging their feet.

1st find a new vendor..

the ssc card is the key IF port zero in connected to the netpath.. otherwise change the speed of the tty in 17, chg adan.. you can run 19.2 on that setup without any porblems.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

See, that's what I thought, and that's what I tried. The NET-PATH is port 1, I'm assuming (it's TTY 1 -- those correlate, right?) Here's the PRT of my TTY from LD 22:
Code:
ADAN     TTY 0 
  TTY_TYPE SDI 
  CAB 00 
  CARD 00 
  PORT 0 
  DES  SWITCHTERMINAL
  FLOW NO  
  USER MTC SCH BUG 
  TTYLOG       0 
  BANR YES 
ADAN     TTY 1 
  TTY_TYPE SDI 
  CAB 00 
  CARD 00 
  PORT 1 
  DES  ASAP
  BPS  1200 
  BITL 8
  STOP 1
  PARY NONE 
  FLOW NO  
  USER MTC SCH 
  TTYLOG       0 
  BANR YES
These TTYs are exactly the same on the switch that is fast as well as on the switch that is slow. (With one difference: The fast switch has USER MTC SCH OSN, whereas OSN isn't present on the slower one; no idea what this is.) The SSC on the slower switch is also set at 1200.

I had previously increased the speed on TTY 1 on the slower switch to 9600 and disabled/reenabled the TTY in LD 37, but after doing so, I was unable to telnet in (I could get to the NET-PATH modem and log into it, but when I got to the logi part, I couldn't type/see anything).

It's the programming in the Netpath that determine what speed you connect at...

Anybody have configuration information on how to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back