Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

telnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabaldon

Vendor
Aug 19, 2004
US
how do you turn telnet on a g700?

telnet for what?
what cm version? what are you wanting to telnet to?

the LSP8300 is running 3.1.5, telnet to the g700 to do firmware update ...
i could not telnet to the g700 from the network.

login name

craft
init
inads
cust

If you use telnet, you would be prompted for login: and then
prompted for password:

ssh init@192.11.13.13

will prompt you for the password for "init" logname

it is not working...
I can let somebody login to the g700 thru the console and asked them to turn telnet on...but what is the command to turn it on?

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/tsoweb/G700FirmwareDownloadInstructions.pdf

The G700 comes with telnet enabled and a default login/password of root/root which is set in the Cajun CLI (G700's have a P330 processor in addition to the MG processor and VoIP DSP, which is why you assign 3 IP addresses to a single G700), the S8300 is the server component that runs Avaya CM on top of Linux and for the last couple of releases has shipped with telnet disabled and ssh enabled.

got it...
so what could be the problem when a g700 is not responding on a telnet request? I can ping it.

Can you connect your laptop to the s8300, login to linux on the s8300 and try telnet to the g700 from there.
telnet is only turned off on the newer cm5 servers.

can linux to s8300(ok) then telnet to g700 is failed

can you ping the g700 from linux?

try "ssh root@g700_ipaddress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back