Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet sessions drop within a minute of inactivity on CS1000 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJDG

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
US
I have multiple CS1000 cabinets on RLS 5.5 that I access via Telnet sessions.
On all of the systems the Telnet sessions drop within 60 seconds of non activity.
I also have 2 CS1000 systems on 6.0 that I connect to in the same way that will stay connected until I disconnect the session. So I don’t believe it’s an issue with my laptop or software.

Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to resolve it.

I remember the issue but never remember finding a solution to the telnet timeout. Just rlogin direct to the call server then no timeout issues, except when you need to be on the sig servers :-(

Likely a "telnet keepalive" issue, try a search on that term. Is there a VPN or firewall in the link?

Alternative is to swap to SSH... point SSH to the CS1000 sig server, login at the prompts and then "cslogin" to get to a call server psuedo terminal (you should already have these programmed as Element Manager needs them)

Senior Engineer, cmass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back