Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

telnet router config

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianjay

Programmer
Sep 14, 2000
US
My Cisco 802 is running with a DHCP address. I'm trying to change the DHCP to a static IP. I have the IP, but I have no idea what telnet commands to use. I could modify and upload a file that I use for reference, but I don't know how to do that either (I'm A+ cert., but telnet dumb). 1) What telnet commands do I use?
2) What does the paragraph look like?

Below is what my current config is:
ip dhcp pool DHCPPoolLAN_0
network 10.70.100.0 255.255.255.0
dns-server 199.45.45.14 141.151.0.68
default-router 10.70.100.2
!
ip name-server 199.45.45.14
ip name-server 141.151.0.68
isdn switch-type basic-ni
!
interface Ethernet0
ip address 10.70.100.2 255.255.255.0
ip access-group 121 in
no ip proxy-arp
ip nat inside

Thank you,
brianjay

the config you posted is a dhcp pool that you will give to your lan clients. you have not posted your wan interface.

it goes like this

get into enable mode. then get to config mode, by typing 'config t'

then type 'int e1', since that is most likely the interface of you WAN. just type 'ip address A.A.A.A S.S.S.S, where A stands for the address you have, and S stands for the subnet.

Then you also need to add another line, first type 'exit', although not required, it is good habit. Then put in the default route like this 'ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 G.G.G.G' where G is the defualt gateway. easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back