Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIN1

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
KH
Dear all,

My company is using MD 110 PBX. last month my NIU1 card burnt and i have to replace with NIU2. can anyone tell me the procedure how to process ? or i just remove the failure card and replace with the new one? anyway how to connect from NIU to PC if the previous card was lost....
Just for your information, my telnet ip is 192.168.0.100 and right now i don't know how to reconnect it again.

regards,
chrin

Can you connect using the serial port on the NIU2?

If you can you can check the IP address settings of the NOI2 with IONPP;

If the address is not correct you will need to reprogram it with

IONPP:EQU=1-0-ZZ-4,IP=192.168.0.100,MASK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,GATE=YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY;

You must then restart the NIU2 with RFBOI:BPOS=1-0-ZZ;

this will allow you to connect.

Dear eriuser,

can you please tell me how to use NIU2 ? and which port to be use 1-0-xx-1 or ...other. can i use serial port that was
previously use for SMDR out ?

As the first programmation,
IODDP;
I/O DEVICE DATA
NODE IODEV/SUBFS BPOS/EQU SIPOS TYPE/USAGE STATUS AUTH
SYSN - 001-0-60 - - IN SERVICE
SYSN SYSDISK1 001-0-60-0 3 ADTX IN SERVICE
SYSSUBFS11
SYSSUBFS21
SYSN SYSTERMINAL 001-0-60-1 - MML - 7
SYSN PCINTERFACE 001-0-60-2 - MML - 7
SYSN SMDR 001-0-60-3 - OUT IN SERVICE
SYSN TELNET 001-0-60-4 - NETWORK/MML - 7
END

and i always use telnet which port is 1-0-60-4.

Regarding the lights on LSU and HDU7 cards, what does it mean the red light?

it would be appreciated if you can provide me the shematic for that serial port.

hope to hear from you soon.

my yahoo ID is c_narom@yahoo.com

BG.

Hi

According to your printout, you are not using NIU2, but NIU. The main difference is that NIU 2 use ATA interface that handle the disk/flash card, and the disk to use is HDU7/1.
NIU2 can handle only one flash card and one disk, or one disk, or 2 disks but no more.

NIU use SCSI interface toward HDU7/2. Take care that the /1 or /2 is really important for HDU depending of which NIU is used.
NIU can handle up to 7 HDU7/2.

There fore replacing NIU with NIU2 mean that you replace also the HDU and that you unmount all partitions and node from the system to recreate it with the correct information.

Having a red light on the HDU (there is no light on LSU but on LPU) mean that you have permanent access to the HDU (which is no good)

For the Led on the LPU, here is an extract from Alex
Code:
1.1   Function of the LED's 
The upper LED, when lit, indicates that the control system to which the board belongs is in the fault condition and the OK/FAULT flip-flop on the board is in the FAULT state. 

The lower LED, when lit, indicates that the control system to which the board belongs is in the standby (passive) mode in a duplicated control system. 
On single (non-duplicated) control systems, this LED is not used. 

If none of the LEDs are lit, the control system to which the board belongs is in the executing (active) mode in either a single (non duplicated) or a duplicated control system.

So a LPU display will certainly indicate what's the problem is.

You cannot use the port use for SMDR as it is configured for sorting data and not accepting input data. YOu must change its configuration first.
But you can connect to port 1 or 2 as they are configured for MML command.
Schematics for the NIU's port are in Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back