Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet into PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstan

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
Hi All!

Can anyone tell me the procedure for programming an Option 11C (and how to connect it to my network) so that I can telnet into the switch. I never knew that this could be done, and then I had someone in Panama tell me that it can be done.

I appreciate all help!!

There are numerous ways of accomplishing this. If you search this forum's history, you'll find the information that you're looking for.

How do I search this forums history? (I'm new at this)

look above and you will find a search box...
put your query in there i.e. TELNET

There are a number of products out there that can help in Moves, Adds and Changes (MACs). Nortel recomments OTM (or now TM) but there are far less expensive solutions. I find MerAssistant to be reasonable.

Regards
Stockman16

There were no results for "Telnet" when I put it in the search box???

You can't telnet into a Meridian, you have to use Rlogin,
You can download the PuTTY application off the net which supports Rlogin. However you'll need to know how to login to PDT, and once in PDT "sl1input" will take you to the normal meridian login prompt. You'll also need to build a TTY of type PTY.

You can add CPSID to the auto login field of Putty and you will be able to log in with out PDT.

You can also download ZOC from Emtec, also uses Rlogin protocol. There is a free version available, and also has good scripting abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back