Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet into Definity G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottncs

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
I can telnet into my Definity G3 but my page up and down keys will not work. I have heard Procomm will emulate the 4410 terminal which should provide a better emulation. Does anyone have a copy of procomm 4.0 or later? Or any ideas on the key map issue?

What are you using to Telnet into the switch? ASA/DSA? I'm pretty sure that Procomm will work fine as you can map the keyboard out any way you want, but ASA offers better automation on certain tasks that I'd hate for you to give up.

I'm using Telnet 2000, but I bet your right, Procomm sounds to be a better alternative. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Procomm does have 4410 emulation and works great for Definity and Audix. Also, if you have the Avaya site administration software CD, there is a terminal emulator on there with 4410 also. That is what I am currently using, works great.

If anyone knows of a terminal emulation program that integrates VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and uses 4410 emulation, I'd really like to know.

If anyone happens to use Reflection 9.0 or higher and uses Office 2k, I have a macro for exporting vectors and their steps into an HTML file that I'd be willing to share.

DanP129 - I would love to see that macro - bill90039@hotmail.com

If you find anything that supports 4410 emulation and VBA, I would love to hear that too.

It's a little too large to post here so I'm sending the .r2w file in an e-mail. Let me know how if you have any problems with it.

It's currently broken because I've been making changes to it that I don't like and saved them DOH. Anyways, I'll send you an E-mail so you'll have my address.

You must be used to using a 715 terminal.
Procom does not use pageup/down keys, but in ATT4410 emulation you use the F6 F7 F8 keys.
I have a copy of Procom 5 if you give me an address to mail it to

I fixed the macro and it's allot faster now. For 138 it took 4 minutes on a C-LAN card and 35 minutes on a 2400 baud connection. It now let's you choose to have the empty steps on the report or not, and it no longer needs Excel. I'll add an option to save as plain text soon so Word will only be needed for saving as HTML. I'll eventually add an option to enter the path to save the file on a form instead of having to change it in the code.

Danp129:

I would like the macro also.

Thanks

ccifonedoc@yahoo.com

Even I would love to have this Macro.Pls send it to me.
My email-id is
nagesh_s_pai@indiatimes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back