Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

telnet in 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it running? Can you telnet&nbsp;&nbsp;from the linux box, via the loopback ie telnet 127.0.0.1? <p>Troy Williams B.Eng.<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Telnet works in 6.2<br>Tell me more and maybe I can help you.<br><br>Dan Nedelcu<br><A HREF="mailto:eek:ffice@digisoft.ro">office@digisoft.ro</A>

I have the same problem again (two months later.) I don't think it has to do with 6.2. I cannot telnet to the loopback (127.0.0.1) or from any other host.

I get a error message stating &quot;connection refused.&quot;

I have added the approriate hosts to /etc/hosts.allow and verified that inetd is active. I've even run xhost + (which I know only opens up the X server)

Any ideas?? [sig]<p>Doug Tyre<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= Information Systems Institute (at UM)</a><br> [/sig]

I'm actually having the same problem. I know my network connection is up and running fine but when I try and tel-net I get connection refused. I'm able to ping my ip just fine and I've been able to tel-net to this box before.

Scott

Have you guys checked your inetd.conf to see if telnet is commented out? Also ck /etc/services to see if port 23 is commented out.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back