Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet from Optivity 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

29light

MIS
Apr 9, 2002
US
I have unexplained telnet activity from my Optivity 9.2 workstation. I have been told by Nortel that this is not a normal function of the software. I have a sniffer looking at all traffic to and from this box, and I don't see anything or anyone particularly interested in it.
My problem is that I have two other Opt9.2 workstations that are not doing this. I was expecting to see SNMP only. The station in question seems only to telnet to the ethernet ports on a BCN. I've changed the BCN passwords, but am unsure if this may have hosed up a legitimate process. I would ask the person who installed it, but he has a rep for building himself back doors. Any ideas? Thanks

The Telnet login name and password in Community String Editor is required to run multicast discovery of BayRS routers ( and to use the Network Path Trace application).
Maybe you have different configurations of seeds on two other stations - Multicast check box in definition of seed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back