Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet command

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordeos

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
BE
Hi,

I want to write a .bat file to do an automaticly login with telnet to a server ... Does someone know the optional arguments or command to do this .

thx,
Mike

Well in windows 2000 you have no more than:

TELNET <ADDRESS> <PORT>

What more do you need to have aside from the above?

Russell.

frequently a queue from a printer from the vms system is blocked ... then we login trough telnet 'shut down' the queue en restart it ... instead of doing this manually each time i would like to write . bat for it so it goes automaticly

greetings,

Unfortunately I am unaware of a way of doing this. I believe that as soon as you opened up telnet the rest of the batch file would cease to run, although I could stand to be corrected.

Russell.

I wrote this yesterday in thread616-749951

HTH
TonHu

You can't do anything even close with the standard telnet client that ships with Windows.

There are telnet clients that are scriptable, although I don't know of any that are free.

CRT from works great and is not expensive. They have a 30 day free trial, so you may want to check it out.

You may want to consider a different way of resetting the queue. Really depends upon the OS on the server, but most everything modern has some method of dealing with this kind of task. Linux and most flavors of unix are capable of dealing with remote procedure calls in particular.

Hello,

All of you thx for the help ... I downloaded the program 'terra' . It is a an easy to use telnet client who is scriptable in plain basic .
I didnt tried it out yet but i saw the examples and it should do the trick.

Thx,
mike

Thanks to all!
This solutions helped me in solving one of my problems.

Have Great 'n' Wonderful Day ...

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back