Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjr9999

Programmer
Apr 7, 2001
US
I'm posting this again, because I kinda just got blown by...I know it's a tough one guys, but you can do it ;)

>>Begin transmission>>

Hello, I'm a programmer that just recently started in Visual Basic. I've created several localy used programs, and games with it, but now i'm itching to go more advanced ;). I would like to create a telnet client application, but i'm not able to find any information on how this is possible.... With C it was quite easy, but it lacked the easy to use GUI. Any recomendations? Or examples of how I can open a connection, and read the input from the telnet session?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

Add a winsock control to your project. The have a quick peek at the documentation for the control, which includes worked examples of getting a peer-to-peer conversation going via both TCP and UDP.

Mike

While you can use the Winsock control (or API) to get the raw binary data, you would still have to write MUCH code to translate the Telenet protocol. Its not to diffucult buts its alot of work. There are some 3rd party Telenet Controls/classes you could buy. I started to write my own for fun and games, but it quickly became to much like work.

Good luck, and if you end up with a nice Telenet Class feel free to let me mooch off ya!

Collin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back