Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet and Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozy

Programmer
Dec 24, 2002
GB
Has anyone used Telnet from Delphi to send email. I can't use Outlook or SMTP because they aren't installed on the Server where the App runs. I've used Telnet to Send Email from CMD window. I'm currently working on a Batch file but any pointers to speed up dev would be appreciated.

HI.

There are several add-ons that can make it easier for you, instead of dealing with the SMTP protocol yourself.
You can either use a delphi component which will be integrated in your app, or you can run a utility from batch file.

For Delphi components, you can use ICS (I'm using it in several apps), or Indy/Winshoes:

For stand-alone SMTP mailers, you can use BLAT (search for it on the net), or my own MAILIT utility (it uses ICS btw), or other:

If you still wish to do handle SMTP on your own, this is one of many articles that can help you:

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

I can't use the SMTP code I have written because the exchange server will not allow my app to send email from the Server it is installed on. There's no outlook client installed (because it's a data server) so I need an alternative. I was pointed in the direction of Telnet(which is installed) but have never used it. I am currently looking at ICS to see if I can use this.
Thanks for the pointers, if you have any experience of using Telnet that would help meget started, they would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back