Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet Access without using Switchview or Optivity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMAHAVAANSWR

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
US
We are curently looking for a soultion to access our PBXs using Telnet.A dial up modem is a dinasaur compared to IP divices.Our vendor would like to sell us a solution such as Switchview Or Optivity.The cost was a huge disappointment.

That is correct, but you still need to build a pseudo TTY (PTY in ADAN on a empty DNUM).
However, you can access this via ProComm Plus, using the Telnet application.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Ok, something strange.
I managed to get in to the PBX using the steps Firebirdscambler suggested and when I use SM Telnet I get the usual login prompt and can login ok.

If I use PuTTy application it sends me straight to the PDT> prompt for login instead.

Both programs are using the same IP address and port 513 but it may have to do with the way the programs are using Rlogin. Since even if I don't have the -l CPSID1000 in PuTTy it still gets to PDT.

Any ideas?

I can't use Reflections or Procom as neither of them have Rlogin (the versions I have anyway), just telnet.

I got it to work by using a router. I telnet to a router and use rlogin from the router to the pbx. This means I can use all my reflection scripts as well.

It's actually easier for me to get a spare router than go through purchasing to get the license for SM Telnet.

The info on the PTY and CPSID was really helpful though.

If you want to use PuTTY, you can enter CPSID1110 under Login Details under Connection/Data in the configuration tree. You'll see some garbage characters on connect followed by "done." press enter and you're into the overlay loader.

The only hitch I've found is that you have to PDT and exit in order to close the connection.

--T1PSTN

--T1PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back