Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telling a movie to close when another plays? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizziebyrne

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
GB
This should be an easy one for most of you to solve…but obviously not for me!

I have five movie clips on a nav bar (these are the buttons), when selected they pop up and play the movie fine.

What I can’t do: Get whatever movie has previously been selected to return to its start position when another movie clip is selected.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Several ways this can be done, but as in your other thread, it's hard to suggest something with the little info provided. Would be better if you posted a link to your .fla.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Bacon, eggs and sunshine are still good for me!

Hi

I've added a page on to the back of my site, so here's a link to the file that I'm working on, which can be found in navbar.zip

Only the buttons Carousel and Shows are in action at the moment. You'll see that when you click on these, they pop-up. I only want the panel to drop back down when another tab is selected, not when you move your mouse away from the panel. This is because content will appear in the main space above, which the visitor will interact with.

Cheers for the advice!

Don't quite understand what you're saying, but here's what I did...

Named each instance of your movie clips with "shows" and "carousel".
Then used this script on each button...

on (release) {
// shows button
_root[_level0.selected].play();
_level0.selected = "shows";
play();
}

on (release) {
// carousel button
_root[_level0.selected].play();
_level0.selected = "carousel";
play();
}

Then on the "show" and "carousel close buttons...

on (release) {
_level0.selected = "";
play();
}

But better to have a look at the .fla...

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Converted your close movie clip into a button, gave the "elasctic box" movie clip an instance name, and disabled and re-enabled your "letter" button...

Once again, this might better be explainedby checking the .flas...

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

The post above is in fact answering your other thread!

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

You must of understood something of what I was saying :)because you got the file to work just right!! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back