Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teleworker/MSL Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSilverberg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2006
CA
I'm running into an issue with my teleworker server. I had to re-IP my network, and the teleworker IP had to be changed. I changed it via the ssh interface (is there any way to get to a command line??) and the box seems thoroughly confused.

On one hand, it will respond to pings on the new IP address, on the other - I see ICMP reply's coming from BOTH the internal and external NICs (eth0 and eth1)- causing my 3300 to think there is an IP conflict (same IP, two MAC addresses). Clearly the server is confused as to what IP it's supposed to have, and what networks are considered external.
I have indeed set the "local networks". Also, through the Web interface, the Teleworker blade still says it's IP is the OLD one. I can't find where it's getting that from.

MSL v9.0.22.0

Any thoughts??

Try changing the IP address by loggining in to the server using admin credentials with ssh(if you can) or locally.

Use option 2. Configure this server and follow the bouncing ball to change the IP address of the required interface when asked.

This is how I did the IP change - but *somewhere* in the system it is still remembered, as the web interface reports the old IP, but the server is clearly listening on the new IP. In addition, like I said, the icmp replied on the NEW IP are coming back from *both* interfaces (internal and wan), not just the internal one. This is why I think the OS can't determine what network is really "local" and sending out a random interface.

SSH into teleworker as root, the type su admin
then select "configure this server" and run through the setup wizard.

Thanks, but as per my posts, that's exactly how I changed the IP.

what does an "ifconfig" show?

have you tries a reboot or maybe a "service network restart" command.

If the change was made at CONFIGURE THIS SERVER it should have prompted for a restart.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Correct, it prompts for (and performs) a reboot at the end of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back