Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teleworker audio issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdmulor

Technical User
Sep 3, 2007
SE
Hi.

I just hade installed a teleworker server to a system. (3300CX, 9.0.1.17) I have used the teleworker network test tool and looks okey. but I have no audio.

the teleworker is installad behind a ingate firewall. any tips or idees.. ?

Regards UO

Welcome to the club, this is a really common problem with the teleworker solution, of which we have yet to resolve. The main thing is the setup of your firewall. Mitel Teleworker does not support 2 port firewalls, eg LAN and WAN, you need a third for a DMZ. You can then NAT through to the DMZ. MitelMatt has reported setting up teleworker and has a good sheet specifically for the PIX, but has a good description of the theory behind the setup.

If you get it working let me know, I'd love to know how you did it.

When in Server-Only mode you should really experience 1 way audio NOT no audio.

Does this firewall have 3 or more ports?
You need to ensure you're in Server-Only mode as well...

Hi Guys,

Server only in the DMZ is a little more complicated because it sits behing a firewall.

The biggest things to note in this scenerio is:

1) Make sure you have all the ports opened in the right directions as stipulated in the eng guides

2) Make sure that the Networks are added in the Networks list in the TW (if server is on different subnet to voice)

3) Ensure you have set up the address translation so that ALL INTERNAL traffic from LAN to teleworker phones go via the EXTERNAL INTERFACE ADDRESS. This means an inside NAT as well as an outside NAT

one way or no way voice nearly always fall into one of the above

Let me know how you get on and i'll try and help as you go

The Teleworker Engineering Guidelines state to configure the firwall to allow incoming and outgoing UDP-ports 20000-23000 (SRTP) and UDP-ports 1024-65535 (RTP). "Mis-configuration here is a comon cause of one-way audio problems".

More detailed:
- allow UDP-ports 20000-23000 from LAN -> Teleworker Server and from Internet -> Teleworker Server.
- allow UDP-ports 1024-65535 from Teleworker Server -> LAN and from Teleworker Server -> Internet.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back