Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Present

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
GB
I want to set up O2003 to use a different dialing prefix (for cheap rates) when I dial a mobile (cell-phone) number - any way I can do this? At the moment it seems to have only local + international options.

Present,

How does this relate to MS Office Applications?

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Well, O2003 = Outlook 2003, so here goes. In your modem dialer, instead of telling your dialer to always dial 9, for an outside line, leave it blank. Then in your O2003, when you enter the telephone numbers, insert the 9,nnn-nnn-nnnn for local and 9,10-nnn-nnn-nnnn (10 or whatever code you want) in an alternate contact number. Select the one you want and Bob's your Aunt!

Lance

I missed that O2003 was Outlook 2003 -- looked to my untrained eye like some foreign phone number format.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

I already have a massive directory of numbers from my mobile phone etc so it would be impractical to change them all by hand if that's what you mean.

Well, you asked how to do it - not how to automate it - ask the right questions and you'll get the right answers !

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

How do you ask the right questions lol... oops sorry :p

Bill

This is why ANSWERING questions often includes ASKING questions! ;-)

Skip,

Okay, sorry! Any way I can do this using the Call-Card feature or something? I can't see any options but perhaps there's a work-around?

(Basically to get a cheap rate I'm dialling a massive 0800 no, then a PIN, to access.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back