Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony Mgr 3.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsotech

Technical User
Dec 26, 2007
US
Hope all out there can be gentle on an admin newbie. Anyone have experience with Telephony Mgr 3.1? Whenever I go to validate an add, move or change on a DID I get a raft of error messages and therefore cannot transmit the change. The primary error message is as follows:
>>Field SCN: CPND data block does not exist.<< For the most part the errors use cls or key assignments. Is it the fact that many of my sets are I2004 units? I've tried many different manual sources for an answer.
Appreciate all your patience.

If you really want to become a real admin, learn CLI(That's talking to the PBX and not the OTM3) If you can get to CLI and goto LD 20 and print the TNB, that would help us help you.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Your TM is not set up completely. You have to retrieve the CPND datablock from the switch. It sounds like it is not a complete installation.

Getting to the CLI - no problem. In fact I am much more comfortable with it than the otm. My boss wants the otm working so it will be easier to train a replacement when I retire. Here is an example of the TN in question.

>LD 20

PT0000
REQ: PRT
TYPE: TNB
TN 97*
TN **

REQ: PRT
TYPE: TNB
TN 96 0 0 7
SPWD
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES IT
TN 096 0 00 07 VIRTUAL
TYPE I2004
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
NUID
NHTN
KEM 1
ZONE 002
FDN 7700
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA CRPA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
VOLA VOUA CDMR ICRD KEM2
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7700
LHK 0
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 590 3 MARP
CPND
NAME ART MCCLELLAN
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCN 593 0
CPND
NAME IT DIRECTOR
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCN 554 0
CPND
NAME DANIEL WEDDLE
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 SCN 870 0
CPND
NAME JEFF WHITE
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 SCN 591 0
05 SCN 588 0
CPND
NAME JEFF POWROZEK
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
06 SCN 745 0
CPND
NAME ROBERT TAYLOR
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
07 SCN 592 0
CPND
NAME JIM WINTER
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
08 SCN 871 0
CPND
NAME MARK HOLM
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
09 SCN 872 0
CPND
NAME KEITH JOHNSON
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
11 DIG 1 21 V
16 MWK 7700
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 7700
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
23 SCU 0203
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
KEM 1 PAGE 0
32 SCN 592 0
CPND
NAME JIM WINTER
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
33 SCN 745 0
CPND
NAME ROBERT TAYLOR
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
34 SCN 871 0
CPND
NAME MARK HOLM
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
35 SCN 872 0
CPND
NAME KEITH JOHNSON
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
36 SCN 404 0
CPND
NAME LINDSEY CLARK
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
KEM 1 PAGE 1 : NO KEYS CONFIGURED
DATE 30 JAN 2008

Thanks for taking your time to look at this.

Your telephony manager installation is incomplete to answer your question as to why you are gettign the errors. It looks like the only data retrieved from the PBX was the TNB. Have your vendor complete the installation. They charge enough for it.

Yes! Unfortunately, my vendor knew even less than I did regarding the installation and configuration of OTM 3.1. Will go back through the documentation that came with the software and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help!

On the TNB that you posted, what were you trying to do?

I do my changes with CLI and about once a week I would Sync the OTM to the PBX to have a backup in case the PBX Crashed.

You need to delete everything in OTM and then do a SYNC to get everything thats in the PBX in the OTM and then you will stop having problems.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Actually, I was trying to just use this particular tnb as a test and simply do a nul on one of the keys using the new web interface in otm (Telephony Mgr 3.1 now). Once you make the key change, you first do a validation. Once that is complete you do a transmit to make the change in the switch. However, if there are any errors, validation fails and you can't transmit the change.

Thanks for the post to delete everything in the OTM and do a fresh sync.

To answer your initial question, its sounds like they did not Update the System Data from the System window under the File menu. In TM, the CPND configuration block is downloaded from the PBX with this synch.

acsotech

Did you fix your OTM 3.1 Problem? I'm installing the same version and i got the same problem, as you my Provider knows less than me of the product.

If you fix your otm issue please send me the tip to

best,

The fix is fairly simple. From the TM server itself, launch/login TM as an administrator. Expand your site and system until you see 'System Window' appear. Double click on it. When the next window appears, Click on File, then Update System Data. Leave the choices as they are and click OK. Within a minute, the log window should appear, TM will log into your PBX, retrieve the ISS, TID, CFN, CDB, etc. When it has finished doing this, it will go into LD 95 and retrieve the CPND data block. This should resolve your original issue. The next problem you will most likely encounter is numbering plan errors. If you need help getting this started, reply to this thread.

Sorry for the delay in posting. The director of IT services and myself finally threw up our hands in disgust and are writing off the acquisition of TM 3.1 as a waste of time and money. CLI is still the one and only way to go.

I have been using both for about 12 years now. There are good and bad points for each, but when it comes to mass changes or bulk installations, OTM/TM is the way to go. Using the TM import utility, you can create 1 set or thousands of sets, and in any configuration you like. I imagine if you are well versed in Aspect, you could write a script that produces the same result, but in my case why reinvent the wheel.

I am having this issue with a site right now also and I have done all the system updateing etc so was wondering if anyone had a solution to this issue yet?

What exactly is the problem?

This thread mentions many possible problems.

Phoneguyy please start a new thread, you can reference this one if needed, but you almost always get better answers by starting a new thread with your own issues.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Well its not a new issue it is the same things and a answer was never really given so just wondering if anyone had one

The answer was given. If the vendor can not get this installed properly then they should place a call to Nortel for support. This is inexcusable to have an implementation like this. As a vendor that you paid good money to for this product, you need to push the issue with their management. I say management because the tech is only doing what he is able and told to do.

As for the error CPND block does not exist, the data block was not downloaded from the PBX to TM. This is done under CPND but you have to change the view to get to it. There is the CPND data block and a name data base. The names get populated from a TNB but the CPND data block does not. Got to ld 95 and prt type cpnd and see what it is looking for.

Sorry about the rant but I get irritated when I hear that vendors do not call Nortel for support. I'm sorry that they don't want to pay Nortel for this but that should not have to be a concern of the customer nor should the customer be charged for this call. It is the responsibility of the vendor to be able to support a product that they sold.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

In my experience there is nothing wrong with TM3.1, as an engineer I use both the CLI and TM, however the biggest problem, as with anything, is that people do NOT read the book and just jump in.

Remember RTFM

I fixed all my OTM V3.1 problems... one of them was the the Java version. by now everything is running great and we are working with the TM v.3.1 as a primary management tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back