Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony Manager replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie1223

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2008
US
Would like to know what other companies are looking at for replacement of TM.
We are a healthcare corporation and use TM for disater recovery programming of temporarty phone systems, use the billing options for CDR reports, use Traffic collection and analysis.
Would like to continue to use DBA and not collection buffer boxes.

Thanks

I don't know what others are using but here are my thoughts on the buffer boxes. Especially if CDR is vital to you. There are a lot of managers that are anal retentive about CDR.

1. If for some reason the switch should hiccup you lose the CDR records. Not a big deal to me but buffer boxes would still have the info.

2. I HATE CDR! Not that CDR is the culprit but the people you have to deal with that want the reports.

I don't really know how you are using CDR but my guess is that there is a bean counter somewhere that uses it to charge departments.

Disaster recovery should be off site backups.

Signature==========================================
Deck Staining
SEO Consulting

With MAT, OTM, and TM, you need to dedicate one person to learn, build, and maintain those systems. Once you do that, you can have a very smooth operation for managing PBX's. There are others out there too, but again, it takes patience to maintain them.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Nortel has a partnership with Unimax that has product called 2nd Nature. I saw a demo of it and 2nd Nature functions pretty much like the old Telephony Manager, which is not supported in release 7.0. There's not much documentation on it, except for Sales information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back