Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony Manager how to cancel task 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nike23

Technical User
Apr 1, 2004
US
I am using Telephony Manager 3.10 from time to time a task will get stuck under the Sync Task, Queue status. Does anyone know how to cancel the task? If you click on the task name it only displays how long it's been running no option to cancel. Also there is nothing listed under the Scheduler to canel the task.

Unfortunately you are quite right. It is too late to cancel when the task is already running.

Are you sure it is not a refresh problem. I have never experienced a task getting stuck.

Check with your vendor if you have the latest patches for TM or better still, upgrade to TM 3.2.

I have a new CS1k installation with TM3 and have struck the stalled task problem. The installation tech stopped and restarted a service on the TM server then reran the tasks.

sorry that's windows scheduler on the server
it's in window scheduler on the server.

In the Windows Scheduler on the server is only tasks created from the Telephony Manager Navigator on the server, not tasks from the WEB interface.

Which Service did the vendor stop and restart to get the task to go through?

Once the task is stuck in TM you cannot make the change on the Terminal it gives the error TN already in use. Only solution we have found to clear this is reboot the server. So I am curious if restarting the service will work.

On the server open control pannel in there you should find "sheduled tasks". It opens like a folder you see your task it will say running next to it. Right click on it and end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back