Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony Gurus - 2 Companies sharing 1 PRI trunk and CID

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefwong

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2006
US
I may sublet part of the new office space with another company. Part of the deal will most likely include telco service.

If I plan to bring in a voice pri into a Cisco csu/dsu and then port channels 1-6 for myself via DSX1 and channels 7-17 via FXS, how can I maintain proper outbound CID.

I have yet to ask the carriers, but is it common for a telco carrier to publish CID name for 2 companies under *one billing account*.

I don't know if I would call it "common" but they can and normally will do it. I've had several customers sharing a PRI with different companies. You just have to request what the caller name to be displayed for each outbound number....or no name.

If it was just a T1 you could get the carrier to do the first six as "XYZ" and the other channels as "ABC". Maybe some CLECs may past on doing it. Because it is a PRI I know you can push ANI "number" but I don't think you can push "name & number".

I don't doubt you can do it with the PRI. It is the dynamitic trunks of the PRI that I don't know of.

If you guys know which tier1 providers offer this, please name some...

I spoke with one of my brokers today and he offered the XO, Qwest and GLX offering. He was pushing the XO hard and preferred not to quote Qwest due to long lead times on porting and installs. However, he advised that XO will not publish CNAM differently depending on the channels on the trunk.

still waiting to hear back from my other broker re sprint, att and mci offerings

I have delt with XO a lot and they won't change the name by channel but WILL show different names according to number sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back