Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephone Line Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentEaston

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2003
US
Is there a way that I can assign a certain line to a specific button on an MLX 28D phone? So, I want to program lines 1 thru 5 to the buttons directly above Intercom/Voice buttons. However, when I assign the lines to the phone, the choose their own spot, and I can't seem to re-assign those buttons. Is this possible?

When looking at a MLX 28D the button are as follows.

22 24 26 28
21 23 25 27
05 10 15 20
04 09 14 19
03 08 13 18
02 07 12 17
01 06 11 16
So if you assigned 5 lines to your system they would appear (depending on your access buttons) on buttons
03,04,05 06 07.In order to get lines on buttons 21 and 22. You would have to assign lines 801,802,803, then add 15 high range lines 860,861,862,.... then add lines 804 and 805, then remove the 15 high range lines.

What a strange setup that is. I feel as though this might be a major project...

And, if I understand correctly, the lines are ALWAYS added in the button order, right? So, I couldn't have a line on buttion 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9... skiping button 6 and 7, right?

When you assign a line to a phone it will go to the next available button over riding all other buttons except a line button. You have to fool the system by inserting fake lines in certain places to populate the buttons so it is not used.If you want line 804 on button 12 you would have to populate buttons 03 thru 811 with fake lines add 804 and then remove the fale lines.
Kind of confusing the first couple times you do it.

Almost forgot. If the line is in a pool and you add it to a phone you will add the whole pool. So take the lines out of the pool before you add them to the console.

And, as far as automatic line selection... they are selected in the order they are put onto the phone?

Not exactly - You have 8 choices - In Centralize Programming (or at the Extension) you can set up IDLE LINE SELECT with *14, then press the lines in the order you wish (UP TO 8 ONLY) and then press ENTER.

There are also ways to "massage" how they appear on the phone.

A LINE ASSIGNED will over write every thing except another line OR A SA BUTTON. SA Buttons can be put on the 1st 10 buttons of a phone.

I guess the 1st question should be, DO YOU REALLY NEED ALL THESE LINES ON ALL THESE BUTTONS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back