Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecommuter Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
We have an IP500 system and we currently have an employee working from home. This employee lives in a city in which calling her is a long distance call.

To dial long distance an authorization code is required by our carrier, Paetec, which is the way we want it. The issue is that when the calls are tranfered to her phone, the caller is instructed to enter an authorization code. We have tried including the authorization code with the number in which the call is tranferred but have not been successful.

Is there a way this can be done? This is creating a huge problem.

Thaks
Mike

Not sure what POTs is but we are not using continuous mode. The calls through perfectly if we dial the short code for this but as soon as we use the short code or the acutual number in the "Contact Number" field the phone never rings to the number be called.

BTW, we have no problem using a local number as the number for Telecomuting.

Let me add the following to my prevous post.

The Short Codes is defined as:
Code: *204
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: A14082221212,,,,Y1234
Line ID Goup: 0
Locale: BLANK
Force Account: UNCHECKED

In PMP Loging for Telecomute Mode:
Contact Number: has been *204, 204, and the direct #.
Continuous Mode has been checked and uncheck and either
way it doeas not work.

Under the Telephony Tab for the extension we have:
No Answer Time: 25

As I said before if we dial the account code directly or use a local number it works fine.

give them an IP PHONE and just transfer the call. if she is not there, they can leave a voicemail. if she has a "smart" phone to get email, activate voicemail to email.

thats what the IP OFFICE is for.

hope that helps.

Here is how I personally would set it up. I occasionally have trouble call-forwarding users to shortcodes starting with # or *. So here is what I would do..

Create a 'phantom' user/extension, and head to shortcodes. Add the following..

Code: 914082221212
Telephone Number: 14082221212,,,,Y1234

Then call forward unconditional that user to 914082221212

This is what we setup on that customer's scenario I mentioned earlier. Basically, it just call forwards to a user shortcode that forces the digits over the trunk.

I might have missed this earlier.. are you using a PRI or Analog Lines? If PRI, this should work.. if you're using analog trunks, under the Line settings, make sure "Allow Trunk to Trunk Connect" is checked.

I would create another short code and point it to an ARs table specific to the telecommuter. In that ARS table, I would modify the shortcode to add the account code. whether or not I would have to add the D,Y would have to be played with. I would do this so you would only have to create it once then you could use it for all telecommuters.

That may be true, although I know most of the time even telecommuters will have their own individual account codes so that they can keep track of how many phone calls/minutes they're taking. But, that would be the ideal solution I think, but if you've got multiple off-site agents, then you'd have to create ARS tables for each one, and would probably be a bit more time consuming at that point.

Although, I guess you could create a single ARS table and then use a couple of user shortcodes per user and insert a ,,,,Y1234 on the 91N shortcode.. would have to screw around with it a bit to see if that would work.

for the telecommuter login when you select the User then go to screen where internal or remote is enter a number longer than your extension numbers as the telephone number.
eg 14082221212 name it home, save in profile.

in short codes creat a short code same as *204 where *204 is replaced by 14082221212.
eg Code: 14082221212
Telephone Number: A14082221212,,,,Y1234
Locale: BLANK
Force Account: UNCHECKED

This will allow telecommuter to work . Remote number cannot be a user number or same length or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back