Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecommuter Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
We have an IP500 system and we currently have an employee working from home. This employee lives in a city in which calling her is a long distance call.

To dial long distance an authorization code is required by our carrier, Paetec, which is the way we want it. The issue is that when the calls are tranfered to her phone, the caller is instructed to enter an authorization code. We have tried including the authorization code with the number in which the call is tranferred but have not been successful.

Is there a way this can be done? This is creating a huge problem.

Thaks
Mike

Can't you transfer to a shortcode which enters the auth code for you?

ACS - IP Office Implement

I think the problem is that it seems Paetec doesn't have a way of entering the code as part of the phone number and has you enter it in response to a voice prompt.. not sure of a way that could be handled in IPoffice.. guess it could be a short code with a pause to enter the code but I think the outside caller would still hear the voice prompt..Possibly the Employees ld number could be given to Paetec as a number to bypass the authorization code for LD? Not sure if they allow that or not....

Or ask the carrier to remove the authorisation and do it in the IP Office instead.

Paetec cannot just remove the auth code because it is a LD call from where we are located. They would have to remove the auth code for all LD calls and we don't want that. In the IP help they tell you what to do if your call requires any additional numbers after the main number but we cannot get it to work.

If creating a short code that would sent the auth code would work, how is that accomplished?

Thanks

can you not remove the auth codes from the lines, and do it from the ipo as mentioned above

Say you are dialling 56789 which is the long distance call you create a shortcode 56789 (feature)Dial (tel number)5678,9999 the 9999 being the auth code and the , adds a 1 second pause. if that does not work add more , to increase the delay.

Could you use a D in the telephone number field. I have not tried this but maybe something like,

S/c 56789
Dial
Telephone number 6275551515D9999

i think the D say wait for connect and then send DTMF 9999.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

mrmikeinga, you can make the system force authorisation code entry for all your long distance calls so that paetec don't have to do it, it makes this kind of thing much easier.

kwing is on the right track I think. We were just setting up a customer with this exact situation, where they were trying to call forward extensions to LD numbers, with account codes. Basically, it would be something like..

Code: 915555555555
Dial
Action: 915555555555,,,,Y1234

Then send it whatever the line group ID of your trunk is.

We tried doing as kwing had mentioned above, and it worked at 1 location/carrier, where with another carrier and a different location is was a no-go. The above code DID work however. The commas are for pauses to make sure the carrier picks up the dialed digits, and then 1234 being the access/account code.

Hope it works.. good luck.

Sorry.. typo above.

The ACTION part of the S/C should not have the 9, as you're sending the digits directly over the trunk and bypassing the ARS..

We would rather keep the accoutn codes with Paetec for reporting puposes if possible. I did create a short code but still no luck. I am still asked for the auth code. Below is what I anve tried:

s/c: 205
Feature: dial
Telphone: A17062221234,,,,1122 (this did not work)
A17062221234D1122 (this did not work)
Line Group ID: 0

For some reason we have to have an "A" preceed the number in order for the call to go through.

what locale are you using?

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

According to Manager Help, I checked the properties of the Manager.exe file and there is nothing set after the exe. should there be? I do not know where else to look for the lacale.

Mike

Locale, in the system tab mine says United kingdom (UK English).

I found where is was. Ours is set to the US. However what IPXRwch recommended worked. Here is what he said to do 915555555555,,,,Y1234. We added the pauses and the Y and everything went good.

Now we have the issue of the getting an unanswered call to back to the IP Office where the caller can leave a message their VM and not their home VM. Any ideas?

Mike

Only VM Pro doing the transfer for you can achieve this, I'm pretty sure.

We are using VM Pro. We will try to adjust a few settings. I think it may be the number of seconds the phone rings before going to VM might be set longer than the time it takes for their VM to pick up sat home.

Btw. I appreciate everybody's response. I don't think I would have gotten this resolved if I didn't come here to post my issue. I already passed IPXTech's solution on to some Avaya Techs. They didn't even know about this.

It appears I was premature in my response regarding how to dial LD in telecomuter mode. We still have an issue with the Telecomuter mode. We are able to use this mode for LD phone numbers using the format 817062221234,,,,Y4455 however, the phone in which the calls are be telecomuted to never rings. We ahve tried 3 different LD numbers. Any ideas why?

Thanks
Mike

Questions:

Are you using continuous mode or not? POts lines?

You can't use the single call feature with POTS it fails.

Must use continuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back