Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telco settings for non-DID T1 - HOT HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBiker

Instructor
Mar 8, 2002
US
I am Replacing a Key system with a MICS 6.1. In the current telephone system, the 34 trunks are all analog loop start, but are comming in via a 2 T1's and that hit the LEC's channelbank and then to the customers Demarc. The customer asked if the trunks could be installed as T1's but be used in the same way the loop starts are being used now.

I seen this done, but am not sure of two things.

1. What are the setting i need to give the LEC for the T1's (B8ZS, ESF, Dialtone, & ????)?

2. Will the trunks then be set as loopstar in the MICS?

you will need a DTI card per T1 in the Norstar ...
as you said, ESF, B8ZS, with dialtone is good ...

trunk's can be in one pool (say PoolA) and are E&M with wink start / auto answer

Thanks, but 1 more Q...
"PoolA and are E&M with wink start / auto answer"

When set to Auto answer, the pool(s) placed that are placed on the Att. (CAP), will ring as a loop start trunk?

You can’t be serious. To come here and ask a question like that causes me to weep for humanity. You are obviously not qualified to take on this project, and you would be doing your customer a disservice if you try.

Instead, you should find someone who is qualified, and you could work as an intermediary if you feel you must get something our of the deal. When I run into this situation, I tell the customer; sorry but I do not work on brand X.

O,K,-sometimes I go crazy…I still hold to my first post, but here is info for you:
There are many variables: If the CLEC is providing the channel bank, the type of T-1 is going to change and it will probably cost the customer more in monthly charges. So, first determine who’s channel bank it is. As to your second post, you can program t-1 lines just as you would analog once they are in the system. Meaning, that yes, you can make them all ring at the CAP if that’s what you want.

big question is do you rally need 34 CO's or would a DID grouping work better and be cheaper? or even a PRI?

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

To jerryreeve:

Yes, the 34 trunks will be turn in to 24 DID's and then a small 4 line Analong hunt group as backup. the problem in the customer does not want to change the trunking day one. trust me, I have been over and over why DID's/cutting the number of trunks or even install ISDN/PRI. But the relationship with the LEC/CLEC is the problem... they have a 9 months on thier contract.

hmmmmm.... maybe i sould have put that in my post,,,,, ya think

You can program the MICS as E&M with Auto Answer and they will act the same way as 2 way DID circuits.

ok here is what i am doing.... i have declared today may 6 2004 international marguarita day...so forget about all your troubles pop a pepcid ac "12 hours indigestion free" and lets all tie one on...forget about work and kick back and relax...screw work and get going its friday yeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

ONLY 23 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

I'm leaving now everyone enjoy the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back